Thursday 12 January 2012

A little bit of hooky stuff

I learned to crochet may years ago, but to be honest the patterns available in the 60's and 70's were all a bit dull... unless you were into hippie ponchos!  A while ago I discovered Lucy's Attic24 blog and from there the Ravelry group. (do check them out, so much inspiration). And colour!!! Lots and lots of bright, zingy colours! I couldn't wait to rush out and buy some yarn and a hook to begin. Since then I have crocheted on and off, in between other projects.. just picking it up whenever it took my fancy. Here are some of my finished projects -

Made with Rowan Pure Wool DK, it's a wonderful cosy blanket to snuggle up with on the sofa.


Based on the log cabin pattern, this was a Christmas gift for a friend.


A gift for my youngest daughter, this granny ripple was so much fun to work on.



This one is called 'Sunny Spread' - the pattern is on Ravelry. It has a wonderful texture.



Granny squares in pure wool. This one lives on the futon in my craftroom.


This is the first blanket I made, it lives in the spare bedroom.

No comments: