Friday 4 May 2012

phew... it's finished!


My  Garden Journal quilt is finished...!!!!  I decided on straight line quilting in the end, outlining all the patches (even those teeny-tiny 1.5" squares)...  and echoed that in the border quilting.




I am so happy to have it all quilted and done, but I'm also a little sad. This quilt has kept me company for quite a few months as I've stitched on the sofa every evening . I have so enjoyed seeing the pile of completed stitcheries growing. I really thought it would take me a lot longer but it is such a lovely quilt to work on that I looked forward to spending some time on it each evening.

And now there is nothing left to do on it...
I feel a bit lost and my sofa is a bit lonely without it...
the scraps have been stored away and the sewing machine de-fluffed...
it's's too tidy in my sewing room...
my desk looks a bit bare too...

Time for a new project I think... good job I have lots of ideas whirling round in my head :)

Hope you all have a great weekend,
we have a Bank Holiday in the UK this Monday (May Day Holiday)
I may just spend it messing up my sewing room again!
Chris :)

5 comments:

Sharon - Lilabelle Lane said...

Such a beautiful quilt and congratulations on the finish. Enjoy "messing up" your sewing rooma nd I am looking forward to seeing what you start. hugs Sharon

Karen said...

Oh it's so beautiful! Hurry and start a new project because I can't wait to see what you do next :) Have a lovely weekend!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh its so pretty what a wonderful finish and i am sure it wont be long before another project is started,congrats on a wonderful finish,well done.xx

Amanda said...

It looks great. Will you be using it on a bed or hanging it on a wall? Happy sewing this weekend.

Bobbi said...

Oooo it's very cute. Isn't that what happens? You become attached to the process while making a quilt. Then get sad when it's not at your fingertips anymore. :)