Sunday 20 April 2008

It's been a blue weekend....


Yes... there's definitely a lot of blue around here this weekend! Not that I am feeling blue - just that I have been catching up on a few challenges and they are all blue!

Here's the first of my three challenge cards. This one is for the 'It's a Man's World' challenge on Cute Card Thursday, which is to make a card for the men/boys in your life. It's easy making a thankyou card for a girlfriend, a pretty image and a few flowers and that's fine. But what to use on a thankyou card for a man?



This cute fish is part of the 'Best Fishes' set from Pink Petticoat. The background papers came free with issue 28 of Papercraft Essentials magazine - I'm not usually a fan of free papers as they are usually shiny, but these are really nice! I just added a scalloped mat, some doodling and a simple sentiment.. a really quick card to make!

.................

This next card is for the 'Dragons' callenge on the Lots To Do Challenges blog. It's the first time I've done one of their challenges, they seem to be a very artistic so I hope my cute little dragon will fit in with their challenge!



This cute little dragon was sent to me in a package of stamped images from a friend. I coloured him with Caran D'Ache Supracolor soft pencils to match the papers and mounted him on a scrap of golden yellow card. The background papers are from the 'Hopscotch Boy' range by K&Co. The circle sentiment is from a set of four by Cuddly Buddly, the smaller greeting is from the Celebration Messages set by See D's stamps.

..................


This last card is for the 'Girly but Blue' challenge at Tilda & Co.



I love this sitting Tilda stamp, she is so cute! The background papers are from a pack by Papermania and I used my Nestabilities dies to cut the darker circle for her to sit on. The doodling was done with a white Uniball Signo pen. I just added a few flowers and dabbed some Stickles around the brads to give some sparkle. The rubon is by Pebbles Inc.

So there you go, three blue cards! I think it's time I tidied my desk and got out some pink stash!!

32 comments:

Bastelkueken`s Kreative Welt aus Alsdorf said...

your cards are fantastic and so lovely in design

Nikki Fairbairn said...

3 very beautiful cards. I love them. Such great images. Nikki x

Ang C said...

You have some lovely things on your blog

your dragon is gorgeous

thankyou for joining in with the lots to do challenge this week

Mephisto said...

Very cute Cards! I like the Dragon from hÄnglar, and the Magnoliacard for the Challenge!

Domi

Monika said...

Love all 3 cards ,they are great

Tara Godfrey said...

Tilly,
I really like your Pink Petticoat cards..very cute....I have some of the Lola Rose images...the new releases are adorable...very tempting, smile.
Thanks for sharing!
TaraG

angeljakki said...

really cute cards.

michelle said...

awesome cards !! i just came across your blog and i must say you have some fabulous cards !!

Aija said...

Like your coloring, really nice cards you have done.

Sandy said...

Oh wow they are brilliant cards. Such beautiful. Great work.

Leonie said...

I like all three of them!!

~ Leonie ~

Anonymous said...

Wow Tilly, you've been busy :)
Love them all, and such great images you've used!

Marlene x

Mags said...

Tilly, all your work is lovely!

I love the dragon card you have done for our challenge, he's so cute!

Thank you for joining in with us this week, & hope to see you again sometime soon!

Mags x

Andrea, said...

Gorgeous cards, love the dragon and the cute fish. Tilda looks so sweet and great papers.
Thanks for joining in the CCT challenge

Jo said...

Love all of these! you're very talented :)

debby4000 said...

Wow fabulous card but I guess my favourite would be the Tilda one because she's one of my favourites too.

stampingbalou said...

Oh Tilly, you really have been busy ! Love your cardsbut my fav is the Tilda card cause I love how you arranged her... Fabulous !

Becky said...

Love all your cards, they are all finished so well!
becky xx

tracie said...

gorgeous cards, love the fishy - haven;t had a chance to use mine yet. The dragon is fab and I love sitting Tilda - not seen her, she so cute :-)x

Richelle said...

great cards! love the little dragon..very cute.
Richelle

Täti Punainen said...

Lovely cards you have made!=)

crafty creations said...

Gorgeous cards Tilly and love the cute dragon - thanks for joining our challenge on Lotstodo this week

cats whiskers said...

Three cards i one go they are all stunning
Jacqui

Debbie said...

3 fab cards I love them all

Alison said...

3 super cards love them all.

Just Tracys Crafts said...

Tilly they are 3 delightful cards

Tracyx

Lorraine said...

Beautiful cards, love the scallop circle on Tilda.

Julie said...

three great cards but I like the best fishes one best. I like my papers to be matt too.

Deb said...

FAbulous cards, I love them all, your doodling on your fish card is fantastic

thank you for joining in the CCT challenge

Anne said...

You've been busy - 3 fantastic cards, love them all :)

Cathy said...

3 veryt beautiful cards - love the images and what you have done with them.

PaperDaisies said...

Love your cards. Your colour schemes are great.