Monday 26 March 2012

Goodies from the NEC



On Saturday, my elder daughter and I toddled off to the NEC (National Exhibition Centre) in Birmingham. There were three different craft/sewing shows on at the same time in adjacent halls and our tickets gave us entry to all three. My daughter, just getting back into card making, wanted to visit the Hobbycrafts show and I wanted to visit the Sewing for Pleasure show... in the end we went to all three!

What a fantastic day we had, so many new ideas to inspire us,  such beautiful work to admire, so many gorgeous goodies to tempt us. And tempted I was... I came home with 2 books, 2 quilt kits, several patterns, some fabric, a mini iron and a lovely wooden carousel for my desk. I'd saved some money to take and my lovely hubby gave me some money too... plus I had some 'mad money' tucked away. Not much money came home with me... but look at what did....




I spent most of my money in the Sewing for Pleasure show at Daisy Chain Designs... how lovely their stall was, with lots of stitched samples and gorgeous quilts. I bought two quilt kits from there and some lovely sewing accessory patterns.



Isn't this quilt just gorgeous!!! There are a lot of techniques in this quilt that I haven't tried yet so it will be a real learning curve... and quite a slow process too I think! 




This is the fabric I bought, beautiful beiges, reds and aqua... very yummy indeed and absolutely irresistible :)


Now I have to save hard if I am to go back to the NEC in August for the Festival of Quilts... and as I live only half an hour away it would be rude not to go... wouldn't it????


Happy stitching,
Chris :)

4 comments:

Christine M said...

Lovely collections of goodies. I love the wooden carousel.

Vicki said...

Sounds like you had a fantastic day and so much to see. You certainly came home with some lovely things to keep you busy. I love the fabrics.

Anonymous said...

oh what a wonderful lot of goodies you bought well done lots of fun there for you.xx

Chookyblue...... said...

lovely shopping......