Friday 15 June 2012

Two finishes!


After the gorgeous weather at the end of last month, it turned cooler and much, much wetter... very windy too.  Definitely not gardening weather.... so what better excuse to settle down in my sewing room and sew, sew, sew!

I have finished my Worn and Washed quilt!  It took hours and hours and hours to do all the hand quilting, but I am so pleased with it and am determine to do more hand quilting in the future. All that rhythmic stitching really is very addictive :)



And here's a closer look at the quilting... it is SO soft and snuggly.



My second finish is a new bag. I fell in love with this pattern as soon as I saw it (Twitter and Stitch by Daisy Chain Designs)..  those appliqué birdies are so cute! The bag is made from linen and it has a brown/cream spotty lining. I used a piece of plastic canvas in the base to give the bag a good shape. It's a great size, I'm thinking it would be perfect to take to quilt shows, I could get a lot of goodies in it :) On the outside there are two handy side pockets...


and here's the back of the bag...



the inside has a zippered pocket and also a pocket for my mobile phone. I used magnetic fasteners instead of the tape recommended in the pattern.



I'm really, really pleased with how this bag turned out... I can't wait for the next quilt show now!

Have a great weekend,
Chris :)

5 comments:

Karen said...

You quilt is AMAZING!!! So gorgeous! And that purse is too cute! Love all your work :)

Christine M said...

Your quilt is beautiful Chris. All that hand quilting has so been worth it. I love your bag too. Such cute applique.

Anonymous said...

your quilt and bag are amazing,you are so clever,well done.xx

Heidi said...

Love both finishes. The quilting is amazing. And the bag.. so cute.. Love the linen and the inside polka dot fabric too!

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Oh my....your quilt is stunning and that is one gorgeous bag...