Tuesday 24 April 2012

Garden Journal top is done!


I seem to have been stitching, scrap-cutting and piecing forever... but finally the top is done :) We've had heavy rain day after day for weeks now but this morning was fairly dry and not too windy, so I managed to get this photo. It's still very overcast and dull, not ideal... but with even more heavy rain forecast for the rest of the week I might not get another opportunity. I don't think I'll be getting the grass cut anytime soon either... eek!!





I love all the different size patches in this quilt, even though those fiddly 1.5" squares drove me nuts at times. Still, I have managed to use a whole heap of scraps, the only yardage I bought was for the borders. Most of it is Nancy Halvorsen fabric with scraps from my Welcome Home pillow thrown in too. Next comes the layering, pinning and quilting. I'm not sure yet how I'll be quilting this. At 54" square it's about as big as I can manage under my machine so I'm thinking I may just stitch in the ditch, for the central part anyway. We'll see....

Hope everyone is having a good week
Chris :)

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Chris this quilt is gorgeous well done on a lovely finish.xx

Karen said...

Absolutley beautiful! I love all the different sized blocks too! Can't wait to see it finished!

Christine M said...

Your quilt looks great Chris. You must be so pleased with it.

Chookyblue...... said...

your GJ is gorgeous.......now for the quilting........send the rain to us.........

Kris Meares - Tag Along Teddies said...

Hey Chris! Well done! You're a couple of borders ahead of me ... mine is in the cupboard patiently waiting for me to get back to it ... one day! :0) Your quilt looks fabulous ... happy quilting! :0) Bear Hugs! KRIS

Grethe said...

Your GJ is beautiful,lovely choice of fabrics and colours :-) I love mine too,great with the different patches.
Happy Quilting:-)

Queen Of The Armchair aka Dzintra Stitcheries said...

Hi Tillymint...over from Chooky's...This looks great...and so inspiring...I have just completed Block F and blogged it...taking it's time to finish but I will get there...Have fun with the quilting.

Sharon - Lilabelle Lane said...

Well done, it looks great

Teresa said...

I love this quilt.. Yours looks amazing. Love the colours you've chosen too. Well done - absolutely beautiful work.

DAWNIE said...

This looks fabulous, you must be so pleased you have finished it looks terrific